Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prologue

(tap, tap, tap...is this thing on? Hellooooooooo Cleveland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So here it goes...my lazy ass is starting a blog. I've decided to shed my recent hatred for technology and stop being such an old man (plus I needed a reason to hone my writing skills in case I get back into producing soon).

Many of you are probably asking yourselves, "Self, what is Matt going to write about? He knows nothing about nothing." Well my friend...you've got some nerve!

I plan to use this blog to write primarily about music. This isn't going to be a music blog about musicians personal lives (unless it's really cool OR lame) like whether or not Lily Allen is psycho (yes, she is, but she is also incredibly talented...and she's hot). It's going to be about music...simply put. I plan on sharing my take on music with the others.

Also, many of you know that I do write music on my own and am in a lengthy process of trying to set up a home recording studio. I plan on posting some of my lyrics (and hopefully down the road, my own actual songs) of my own creation and I want to let all of you tell me what you think about them.

My friends who read this know my love for music. Even if you hate my taste in music, I hope you at least appreciate the fact that I do have an opinion about music, and don't let music critics and DJ's pick my music for me. Music is everywhere...in all shape and forms...from horrible jingles (like JG Wentworths 877-Cash-Now opera) to epic albums everyone has heard of (see: The Beatles...yep, spelled with an a...not an e). If you don't love music, you're simply not human. Ha! Enjoy...

COMING UP THIS WEEK: The Top 25 Most Influential Albums of my Life: #'s 25-20

2 comments:

  1. I thought it would be appropriate for the first comment on your first blog to reference the first artist ever referenced in your inaugural blog. With that said, I have this to say about the O-Nation.

    F*** you, f*** you very very much
    cause we hate what you do
    and we hate your whole crew
    so please don’t stay in touch

    F*** you, f*** you very very much
    cause your words don’t translate
    and it’s getting quite late
    so please don’t stay in touch.

    --Lily Allen

    You are right. She is a psycho. Which makes the hotness of her even hotter. Is there anything hotter than a psycho british chick singer songwriter scorn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Bill and Ted (to the other Bill and Ted about Rufus)...."Trust me, this guy KNOWS what he is talking about"

    Best of luck my friend. I will be there....on bended knee (to make a music reference...).

    ReplyDelete