Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blink 182 Announces Summer Tour

So my roomate Pat is a big follower of Blink 182 and was kind enough to supply me with their newly announced TOUR DATES found on lead singer Mark Hoppus' website. These dates have been confirmed.


The first leg of the tour contains some big names like Fall Out Boy, All-American Rejects, Panic at the Disco. All of these bands are pretty decent. A little bit poppy, but FoB's "From Under the Cork Tree" was definitely one of my favorite albums of 2005. And their second studio album, "Take This to Your Grave", contains probably their best songs ("Dead on Arrival", "Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy?"), which you can tell were greatly influenced by Blink 182.

BUT WAIT...THERES MORE! The second leg of their tour is even better...because they are touring with WEEZER! How about that shit!? They'll also be playing with Taking Back Sunday, which is another good guitar-heavy punk band. Two bands I've always regretted not seeing in concert...Blink and Weezer...and now they're playing together. You better believe I'll be going to one of these concerts...whether in Hartford or at Jones Beach.

So ya...pretty big tour. Congrats to Blink 182 for finally coming back and to Travis Barker for being able to handle this tour after last years tragic plane crash. Everybody knows I love jam rock, but I grew up listening to Weezer and Blink. All I wanna know is WHOS COMIN WITH ME!?

3 comments:

  1. you know I'll be there. They are playing on my Birthday! werd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should make a trip home and then come to the pittsburgh show with me!

    -jessviers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should check out my blogpost today. There's a very special shout out for you:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete